PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thrifty Thursday: Beauty Treats


Today I have a guest blogger, one of my best friends Jen. She has the cutest style and well basically my other half when it comes to shopping. 

I am excited to guest post for my bestie Christine today! Yesterday I shared my "Wednesday Wish List" over on our friend Kelli's cute blog,  Instead of clothes, today we are talking about beauty products. Christine and I are both total product junkies - and I love sharing my good finds. Since today is "Thrifty Thursday", she asked me to share some of my favorite and inexpensive finds with her readers. Even if you aren't on a budget - I promise you will LOVE these good deals! 

1. CHAP STICK: One of my girlfriends got me this amazing Sugar chap stick from Sephora for my bridal shower last year.  It came in an a set, and I of course fell in love with the chap stick. Not only does it smell yummy - but it has SPF and kept my lips super hydrated! Once I ran out of my original tube, I ran back to Sephora to pick up a new one. I was shocked they were charging $20! However, I loved it and so I continued to buy it. 

I recently discovered this amazing Maybelline chapstick [at Target - for only $2.99 each!] They come in colors if you prefer a tinted lip [just like the Fresh brand at Sephora does], and they also come in clear for those of us who don't wear color on our lips. It has practically all of the amazing qualities as the Sugar version - And how cute are the tubes?! I love all of the fun colors.



2. BRONZING: These days I stay clear of the tanning beds, and have been trying to wear SPF daily to protect my skin from sun damage! Because of this, I knew I needed to find a really great self tanning lotion. I heard great things about the St. Tropez line at Sephora, and I love it! If you aren't in the market for a $30-40 bottle of tanning lotion, I recently discovered the L'Oreal Sublime Bronzer Self Tanner [at Target, my favorite!] for only $9.99.
I honestly have to say that this lotion tans evenly, does not streak or turn you orange - and is just as good, if not better than the St. Tropez lotion. It is amazing! [I use both of these on my body only, I have sensitive skin so I use a more expensive tanning lotion on my face from Sephora. Christine and I both use it and love it! A tiny bit goes a long way, and one bottle lasts a long time.]


3. HAIR: I used to work at an Aveda salon, and have tried just about every Aveda product ever made. One of my favorite products was always the Air Control, because it is light weight and a great aerosol hairspray. I have fine hair, and it created volume without being sticky. I recently heard about This L'Oreal Elnett Hair Spray - and I LOVE IT! It has all of the great qualities as my Aveda Air Control, for half the price. I got mine at Target, but you can probably find it at any local drugstore. 
Have you ever tried any of these products? Do you have any other amazing finds we should know about? We love hearing about good deals!

xo Jen

To see more of Jen's shopping finds follow her on Instagram: @jenkm11 and if you haven't already follow Hello Fashion @christinegandrew. 


P.S. Yesterday my pictures stopped working because I had too much traffic for my "free" account on photobucket. (Sorry to those of you who stopped by and it showed a bunch of error messages!) If the pictures still aren't showing up on your computer you may need to clear out your cache in your browser and they will work again. Sorry guys! And as always THANKS SO MUCH FOR FOLLOWING! 

1 comment:

  1. Great product reviews! I'm so excited to hear that the L'Oreal is just as good as the St. Tropez ... I've wanted to try to latter forever, but might just skip it and pick up the L'Oreal instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Hello Fashion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...